Saturday, February 7, 2009

Table runner in Greens with 6 place mats


I experimented and made this table runner, it is very long and I don't have a table that it will fit, I also made six matching place mats.
I used all the greens that I could find a large enough piece of and piled them all on top of each other and then just sliced at random. The runner I just joined the bits back up again after moving one half of the top section to the bottom of the pile and then starting all over again with the slicing.


For the place mats I put in the black because the original rectangles of green were just that bit too small to be place mat size. I used track suit fabric on the backs of these, with the fleecy side out.

3 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

Love it Marg :) so does this mean you now have to get a table to accommadate it?

miss~nance said...

Very nice - I dont mind a table runner going off the edges of th table.

Rosa said...

Cute,use it as a curtain in your bedroom work because it`s very nice to keepit in a drawer.

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of five and a grandma to eight, Four boys and four girls. I live with my Husband and the two youngest children, and four poodles. We reside in a tiny town near the Snowy Mountains in NSW My Passion is creating, the only time I am not is when it gets too hot and then I am just listless. I usually have far to many projects going at once, because there is always one more that catches my eye.