Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What I have done over the long weekend.






A while ago while I was blogging I came across a blog (unfortunately I can't remember whose it was) with a quilt for kids on it. This is an orgainisation in the states that supplies fabric to quilters to make up for children in hospital that are there for long periods. I sent them an email and because I am in Australia they would not send the fabric to me. So........ I got onto my other lovely daughter who is living in the states at the moment and she got the fabric sent to her and then sent it on to me. Last week I got an enormous parcel in the mail. (I am still happy dancing about it). In it was the fabric for the quilt plus lots more.

6 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow you did that fast. I suppose it was cut up and stuff already but wow.

Vicki ♥ said...

you could start up a quilting shop with all those fabrics :) lovely lot thats for sure.

Sarah Craig said...

Quiltsforkids.org is a great group - I've done lots of quilts for them! And yes, for those of you who don't know, they send free, pre-cut kits for quilts - you only have to add a quilt batt and ship it back to them when it's completed. I'm sorry to hear they won't ship to Australia, but I'm sure it has something to do with the cost. Good luck with all your new fabric!!

Unknown said...

What beautiful fabric Marg , you will make some child very , very happy .

Debs said...

Wow that is a lot of fabric Marg and very kind of you to make some quilts for children in need. It is a shame they don't send to Australia. I love the quilt you did from the pattern Barb sent.

Liz said...

what lovely fabrics A really nice concept as well. looking forward to seeing what the finished product looks like. if I know you it will be special.

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of five and a grandma to eight, Four boys and four girls. I live with my Husband and the two youngest children, and four poodles. We reside in a tiny town near the Snowy Mountains in NSW My Passion is creating, the only time I am not is when it gets too hot and then I am just listless. I usually have far to many projects going at once, because there is always one more that catches my eye.