Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What a mess

Today I finished quilting the last of the 9 quilts that were in the line up, and since then I have taken down the frame and returned my bedroom to a bedroom. But out here where I sit and sew and play on the "Puter" it is a grand old mess.

Starting with my desk, which is also my cutting table, I have a pile of papers that need to be sorted into recycling and keeping, under that is my current pink scrap quilt spread out ready to be joined, and then on top of that I have plonked the Janome 1600 so I can clean it before I put it away. Beside that I have a box full of thread and bobbins also looking to be put away, then a tray of pins that my DD designed into a beautiful yellow flower ( which she says I am not allowed to deconstruct) and then there is a pile of books that are to go to Vinnies.

Beside me is the ironing board, with a pile of ironed green scraps on it that will be the joining bits for the QAYG pink quilt, and beside that is yesterdays finished quilt, that my DS has claimed as his.
This quilt needs binding and then I will take a photo.

Today's finished quilt is behind me on my horn cabinet sort of covering the sewing machine. behind that is the rest of the pile of green bits, that were also ironed, but now need doing again.

Sigh!!!!!!


And tomorrow it is the Dentist..........sigh some more

My Lovely DD said I should add a photo here, so here it is.

2 comments:

Shirlwin said...

Aha ... I know exactly what you mean. We are expecting overnight visitors on Thursday, and I am having a massive tidy up ... my work table is covered; my aim is to place the bits 'n bobs into their containers! I think we need a specific sewing room!!

Liz said...

Even a swing room is not big enough. You are a busy lady.A lovely floral arrangment with the pins.

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of five and a grandma to eight, Four boys and four girls. I live with my Husband and the two youngest children, and four poodles. We reside in a tiny town near the Snowy Mountains in NSW My Passion is creating, the only time I am not is when it gets too hot and then I am just listless. I usually have far to many projects going at once, because there is always one more that catches my eye.